Facts about the Bill of Sale DMV template
- 1 Facts about the Bill of Sale DMV template
- 2 Filling Out a Free Bill of Sale Form DMV PDF Form
- 3 What is the Free Bill of Sale Form DMV PDF used for?
- 4 Who Would Use the Free Bill of Sale Form PDF?
- 5 When Should You Use the Bill of Sale Form DMV PDF?
- 6 What are the Consequences for not Using a Bill of Sale Form DMV PDF?
- 7 Steps for Filling Out a Bill of Sale Form DMV PDF
- 8 Quick Questions
Filling Out a Free Bill of Sale Form DMV PDF Form
The bill of sale is a necessary part of most vehicle sales. Each person buyFing a new car should look at the state’s DMV to figure out if they need to obtain a bill of sale form. It is optional in some states, but more than twenty states require a state-specific sale form. Each state that requires it will have a free bill of sale form available at the DMV or motor vehicle agency. Even if your state does not require a bill of sale, it can still be a good document to have for both the seller and the buyer.
What is the Free Bill of Sale Form DMV PDF used for?
The Bill of Sale form is an official document that will show a transaction has occurred between two parties and it is important for both the buyer and the seller to have it. However, it is important to know that a bill of sale does not prove that one person ones the vehicle. For proof of ownership, the owner of the care would need to have the title transferred into his or her name. It shows when the car was sold and provides information about both the seller and the buyer. For the buyer, in particular, it shows information that can be compared to the history report, making sure that the seller disclosed the mileage, ownership history, and accident history. It is also used to provide information on the type of vehicle, for example, whether it is a motor vehicle, a motorcycle, a moped, a scooter, a boat, etc. It provides general information about the vehicle like the year, make, model, VIN (the vehicle identification number) and the odometer reading. The purchase information is provided on the Bill of Sale form including the price and the date of the transaction.
Who Would Use the Free Bill of Sale Form PDF?
The Bill of Sale is used by two parties, a person selling a vehicle and a person buying a vehicle. Even if your state does not use a bill of sale as a legal document to demonstrate the transaction, it is considered a vital record for both the buyer and the seller. For the buyer, it is important to have a Bill of Sale because it provides the details of the vehicle. The information like the VIN, the odometer reading, the purchase price, and basic information of the vehicle, or provided on the bill of sale and act as a certified record of the information. It is often the responsibility of the person selling the vehicle to bring the required bill of sale. Though there are a few states that do not require it, most states need the bill of sale to be dated and signed by both parties. It often also requires it to be officially notarized as a part of the title transfer. It is a good idea for the seller to keep the document in their records because it proves that you sold the vehicle. If the new owners get into a traffic accident or a speeding ticket, the violations will not be sent to you because you have proof that you sold the vehicle. It is a good idea for both parties to keep a copy of the bill of sale, regardless of what kind of vehicle it is.
When Should You Use the Bill of Sale Form DMV PDF?
A bill of sale form is used when you sell a vehicle, whether it is a car, a truck, a boat, or a motorcycle. The key here is whether you are selling your vehicle privately. This means if you are using an agency or dealership to sell your vehicle, the dealership will provide the documents. However, if you sell your vehicle privately to another person or company, you need to have a bill of sale.
What are the Consequences for not Using a Bill of Sale Form DMV PDF?
The consequences for not using a bill of sale form depends on the state you live in. Some states simply do not require a bill of sale form for the transaction to be complete. However, the states that do require it will need it before they will process the paperwork for the purchased car. Otherwise, the DMV will simply not process the paperwork. Often, the buyer will be required to provide the bill of sale along with the registration of the vehicle and the title transfer.
Steps for Filling Out a Bill of Sale Form DMV PDF
Filling out the Bill of Sale form is quite simple, as long as you make sure that both the buyer and the seller have the same copy for their records. It is important that the information represented on both forms are identical.
- Step 1: Find the Vehicle ID Number This is the serial number of the vehicle being purchased and can often be found on the Certificate of Title or the registration of the ca. It can also be found on the car or motorcycle itself, though the place varies. On a car, the VIN number is often found on the dashboard on the driver’s side. Otherwise, it is by the driver’s door.
- Step 2: Include Make, Model, Year and Style of Vehicle. This information is available on the title and registration of the vehicle being sold.
- Step 3. Find the Odometer Mileage Reading Many states require an odometer reading, but in others it is optional. It may be a good idea to include it regardless so both the seller and the buyer can have a mileage reading available for his or her records.
- Step 4. Include the Date of the Transaction This is the official day that the car is being sold. It should include the day, year, and month of the sale.
- Step 5. Include the Selling Price It is important to include the selling price of the vehicle even if the vehicle is a gift.
- Step 6. Obtain Seller and Buyer’s Information Include the printed name, mailing address, and signature of both the buyer and the seller.