Facts about the Eagle Scout Work Book PDF template
- 1 Facts about the Eagle Scout Work Book PDF template
- 2 What is the Eagle Scout Work Book PDF Used For?
- 3 Who Should Use the Eagle Scout Work Book PDF?
- 4 When Should You Use the Eagle Scout Work Book PDF?
- 5 What are the Consequences for Not Using an Eagle Scout Work Book PDF?
- 6 Steps for Filling out an Eagle Scout Work Book PDF Form
- 7 Quick Questions
What is the Eagle Scout Work Book PDF Used For?
The Eagle Scout Workbook is for members of Scouting who wish to achieve the highest rank within the program: the Eagle Scout Award. If you’ve made it as far as the Eagle award, you’re part of a very small percentage of scouts. The most important and intensive requirement within this award is the Eagle service project. Each individual Eagle Scout must design his own project to benefit a religious organization, a school, or the community. The Eagle Scout Workbook includes forms that make it easier to keep track of the process of planning, developing, and leading the service project. The documentation throughout the process also helps the adults guiding the Eagle Scout candidate to know how to best help the scout achieve his goal.
Who Should Use the Eagle Scout Work Book PDF?
After you have attained the rank of Life Scout, you must be an active member of your unit in that rank for at least six months to qualify to work towards an Eagle Scout project. You must also serve in a position of leadership during this period. There are 21 merit badges total that you need to earn to be considered for the Eagle Scout award, including all 13 on the following list:
- First Aid
- Citizenship in the Community
- Citizenship in the Nation
- Citizenship in the World
- Personal Fitness
- Emergency Preparedness or Lifesaving
- Environmental Science or Sustainability
- Personal Management
- Swimming or Hiking or Cycling
- Family Life
These requirements can be completed at the same time as the Eagle Scout service project. There is no need to do all of them before you start your project!
When Should You Use the Eagle Scout Work Book PDF?
While you are a Life Scout, you should begin planning your Eagle Scout project. Once you have an idea for the project, don’t wait too long. Submitting your proposal too close to your 18th birthday might mean that you age out of the program before you have time to complete your project. Typically, the final Board of Review must take place no more than three months after the scout’s 18th birthday.
What are the Consequences for Not Using an Eagle Scout Work Book PDF?
Trying to complete your Eagle Scout project without the necessary forms will most likely leave you discouraged and disorganized. The steps contained in the workbook not only keep you and your project on track but also keep you accountable to your unit and your local council. If you fill out the forms thoroughly and think hard about the questions they ask, your service project is likely to go very smoothly.
Steps for Filling out an Eagle Scout Work Book PDF Form
- Brainstorm your project idea. Choose an organization that will benefit from the project, and what type of project it will be.
- 2. Fill out the Project Proposal and get it approved. This gives you an outline so you can move forward with your project plans!
- 3. Make your Final Plan. This detailed plan is a great help, especially if you are working with a project coach.
- 4. Submit the Fundraising Form. This is only needed if you are going to raise funds outside of your scouting unit or family.
- 5. Finish your project!
- Complete your Project Report. This gives you the chance to think about how well your project went and some of the challenges you may have faced.