Facts about the Wood Badge Ticket PDF template
- 1 Facts about the Wood Badge Ticket PDF template
- 2 What is the Wood Badge Ticket PDF form used for?
- 3 Who Would Use the Wood Badge Application PDF?
- 4 When Should You Use the Wood Badge Ticket PDF?
- 5 What are the Consequences for not Using a Wood Badge Ticket PDF?
- 6 Steps for Filling Out a Wood Badge Ticket PDF Form
- 7 Quick Questions
What is the Wood Badge Ticket PDF form used for?
The four-part ticket consists of the written portion of an adult scouting course that helps the scout leader develop as a person and a scout member. The leader completes the written portion before attending the in-person course. The course takes place during two weekends at a local scouting camp, for example, scout leaders in North or South Carolina could attend the course at Camp Bob Hardin in Saluda, NC.
The four parts of the ticket application include:
- a list of the adult leader’s personal values,
- a description of their job or role in the BSA,
- a statement explaining their vision of success,
- their personal mission including five significant goals they can attain within 18 months.
PDFSimpli is the best solution for filling out documents, editing & annotating PDFs and converting document filetypes. Don't delay, start today.Get Started Now
Who Would Use the Wood Badge Application PDF?
Any adult working or volunteering in the BSA could complete the ticket application. It provides an important step in scouting and self-development.
When Should You Use the Wood Badge Ticket PDF?
A scouting adult would complete the ticket application when they feel ready to tackle the two weekend wood badge training course. Essentially, consider it the preparatory materials for the course. No one but the adult who completes the questions will see the responses although they will discuss them as part of a larger group at the course.
The adult leader ready to complete this form has already completed the course application, paid for the course and submitted their BSA Annual Health and Medical Record (Parts A, B and C). Spend a few days mulling over the questions before writing down your responses.
What are the Consequences for not Using a Wood Badge Ticket PDF?
A scouting adult cannot earn the wood badge without completing the complete ticket program. The scouting leader will not function appropriately without developing their vision and completing the program. They will not be able to do their job as effectively.
Steps for Filling Out a Wood Badge Ticket PDF Form
The ticket application differs from most forms since there are no right or wrong answers. The BSA devised the questions to assist its leaders in self-development and self-exploration. The form’s questions consist of questions to draw out the leadership potential of the person. The form questions are all open-ended, essay format:
- What do I feel are my greatest strengths?
- What strengths do others notice in me?
- What do I most enjoy doing?
- What qualities of character do I most admire in others?
- Who is a person who has made a positive impact on my life?
- Why was that person able to have such significant impact?
- What have been my happiest moments in life?
- Why were they happy?
- If I had unlimited time and resources, what would I choose to do?
- When I daydream, what do I see myself doing?
- What are the three or four most important things to me?
- When I look at my work life, what activities do I consider of greatest worth?
- What can I do best that would be of worth to others?
- What talents do I have that no one else really knows about?
- If there are things I feel I really should do, what are they?
- What are my important roles in life?
- In each of those roles, what are my most important lifetime goals?
- In five years, what role do I see for myself in Scouting?
- What would I really like to be and to do in my life?
- What are the most important values I use to guide and motivate my actions?
The application also includes the setting of five SMART goals to attain during the period of the 18 months following the training course with at least one goal related to increasing diversity with the BSA. The Scouts cautions that it’s unrealistic for the scout leader to expect to attain their vision immediately after completing their five goals. The development of an adult in scouting is a long-term self-development project.wood-badge-ticket