Best PDF OCR Online: Convert DOCX, JPG, More for Free
Converting physical documents to digital files helps to keep your information safe. What’s the best way to go from paper to digital? In more technical terms, what’s the best online OCR? With OCR, you can save tons of time and avoid mistakes.
What Is The Best Online OCR?
OCR stands for optical character recognition. It’s a type of technology that allows computer programs to recognize text inside pictures. Normally, scanners and copiers just see forms as black-and-white pictures with a few boxes and weird shapes. However, OCR understands that those “weird shapes” are actually text. With the high-tech OCR in PDFSimpli, you can even convert scanned PDFs into Microsoft Word documents or Excel spreadsheets.
How To OCR a PDF
Modern OCR takes care of everything automatically. All you need to do is take a picture of your paper document or scan it using an office printer. After that, you’re ready to use a PDF editor such as PDFSimpli to convert your image into a flexible text file. Here’s what to do:
- Visit our PDFSimpli website. Select the Edit PDF tool.
- Upload your PDF file. You can also convert a JPEG image to PDF for this step. It’s easy to upload PDFs in PDFSimpli; just drag your file onto the screen.
- The OCR process starts automatically. Give it a few seconds to work.
- The PDF Editor will open. Use our helpful tools to make any changes you want. For example, you can add, underline or replace text.
- When you’re happy with the finished document, click Download.
You can keep your files in a PDF format if you want small documents that are easy to email and store. We also let you save PDFs as rich-text DOCX files or simple TXT text files.
How To Convert PDF to OCR Files with the Best Online OCR:
With PDFSimpli, converting a PDF to Word or Excel is very easy. You can take care of this using our PDF Editor or another fast tool. Here are a few options:
- Convert PDF to Word: This tool automatically uses OCR to change your PDF to a Word document. Afterward, you can open the file in Word to add specific styles, edit the color of text, change the font, make text larger and smaller, and make other changes.
- Convert PDF to Excel: This is a great way to turn forms into something you can use easily. With OCR, you don’t need to type everything into spreadsheets by hand.
- Convert PDF to Text: Simple TXT files are helpful when working with web content. If you’re adding information from a company catalog to your website, OCR helps you upload everything with maximum speed.
Thanks to PDF OCR, you can scan, save, send and edit the information you need quickly. OCR brings forms to life and gives you a lot of freedom to customize your documents.
How To OCR Multiple PDF Files
What if you have a ton of documents to scan and add to the system? PDFSimpli can streamline everything and help you finish more quickly. There are many ways to OCR multiple PDF files, but one of the best options is to use our Merge Tool.
To access this tool, click on the Merge PDF box or use the Merge command in your PDFSimpli Documents tab. Next, choose all of the PDF files you want to OCR. You can select PDFs from Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive or one of the folders on your computer. When you have all the files you need, click “Merge.”
Next, select the Edit PDF option. This will OCR all of the pages in your new PDF file. Depending on the size of the document, this may take a few minutes. If you want to convert the pages to Microsoft Word files, click “Download” and choose the DOCX option.
PDF OCR is a big help when working with secure PDFs. It lets you update forms with accurate information. Stay on the cutting edge of technology with PDFSimpli’s awesome OCR tools. Edit text, delete text and add a digital signature right away.
Lisa Bowlin is a staff writer at WorkSimpli. Her background in Business Operations motivates her to improve access to legal advice in underserved groups, especially in areas like business formation...
Convert to Any File
Our software makes quick work of file conversion from your PDF. Just upload a PDF to get started!GET STARTED