Convert a Google Doc to PDF: Online and Free
Google Docs is an amazing tool. It is incredibly easy to share and collaborate on online documents. But what happens if you need your online document in the form of a PDF? That is actually a simple task to tackle too, and there are two different ways you can go about doing it. Learn the best ways to convert a Google Doc to a PDF.
How To Convert a Google Doc to PDF?
The first way to convert a Google Doc to a PDF is the simplest. Just follow these three steps:
- Open the Google Doc you wish to convert.
- Open the “File” menu at the top of the document, select “Download,” and then “PDF Document (.pdf).”
- A download menu will likely appear. Confirm the download. The PDF will be in your download folder.
While following these steps, you will notice that there is a wide range of different file formats you can save the document as. Google made it incredibly easy to create a variety of file formats from an online Google doc.
The second method is useful if you want to make some adjustments to the document before downloading, or if you wish to convert it to a different file format that is not supported. You can use our online file converter tool instead. Here are the steps:
- Open the upload tool and select the option to select a file from your Google Drive.
- Sign in to your Google account to gain access to your documents. Select the doc you want to convert.
- Make any adjustments in our online tool and click “Convert” when you are finished. Confirm that it is saving as a PDF or whichever format you need.
It really is as simple as that. This second method is a little more complicated than making the conversion right from inside the Google document, but you have more control and more options for customization.
Lisa Bowlin is a staff writer at WorkSimpli. Her background in Business Operations motivates her to improve access to legal advice in underserved groups, especially in areas like business formation...
Convert to Any File
Our software makes quick work of file conversion from your PDF. Just upload a PDF to get started!GET STARTED