How To Convert Scanned PDFs to Word DOCX Files
Most modern office devices make it easy to scan documents. Printers equipped with scanners let you take physical records, spreadsheets, invoices, and instruction manuals and turn them into digital PDFs. That way you can send data over the internet quickly to customers and coworkers. The downside of PDFs is that they’re hard to edit. That’s where our Convert PDF to Word tool comes in handy. You can learn how to convert a scanned PDF to Word in seconds, totally ready for customization.
How To Convert a Scanned PDF to a Word Editable Document
Converting a PDF to a Word DOCX document couldn’t be easier. With PDFSimpli, the entire process happens automatically in the blink of an eye. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to our PDFSimpli website and click on the Convert PDF to Word button.
- Drag your PDF file onto the screen.
- You can also search for the PDF manually. The default location for scanned documents in Windows 10 is a folder called Scanned Documents. In File Explorer, go to This PC>Documents>Scanned Documents.
- After PDFSimpli finishes loading your PDF, you can make edits if desired.
- Once everything looks good, click “Convert” at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now you have a fully editable Word document!
You can make many changes to the document in Microsoft Word, from choosing a different font to adding color to the text. The DOCX format lets you save themes, add distinctive paragraph spacing, add images and change the overall layout completely. It’s no wonder that converting PDF to DOCX using PDFSimpli is so popular online!
How To Convert a Scanned PDF to Word for Free
Some apps such as Adobe Acrobat DC offer tools for saving PDFs as Word documents. If you have an ongoing subscription for Acrobat DC, you can use the program to convert a scanned PDF to Word format. However, this kind of subscription can get pretty expensive for individuals, and even more for business users.
Why not do the same thing for free with PDFSimpli? Our online Convert PDF to Word tool doesn’t require any kind of download, and it’s easy to use. Get access to PDF templates and professional OCR editing right away.
How To Convert Scanned PDFs to Word on Mac
Converting PDF to Word files on Mac isn’t difficult. Since PDFSimpli is an online app with no download or installation required, you can use it directly from Safari or your favorite web browser. Follow these simple instructions:
- Select the Convert PDF to Word tool at our PDFSimpli website.
- Locate the PDF you want to convert. If you know where the scanner folder is located, you can drag the PDF directly onto the screen. Otherwise, you may want to search for your .pdf files using Finder or Spotlight.
- Once our optical character recognition technology has completed loading the PDF, click the “Convert” button.
- To work with your new DOCX file in Word, select the “Download” option from the document’s options.
Many Apple devices come with Microsoft Word, and you can also download these programs from the App Store. That means you can use your new DOCX files on Mac laptops, smartphones and tablets.
Work With Scanned PDFs Quickly and Efficiently
Scanning old company documents is a great way to save time and keep clear digital records. PDFs compress the data in a way that is simple to send and store. When you need to make edits, update figures or add new text, use PDFSimpli to convert scanned PDFs to Word DOCX files instantly! To see how easy the process is, get started right away with our incredible tools.
Lisa Bowlin is a staff writer at WorkSimpli. Her background in Business Operations motivates her to improve access to legal advice in underserved groups, especially in areas like business formation...
Convert to Any File
Our software makes quick work of file conversion from your PDF. Just upload a PDF to get started!GET STARTED