How To Electronically Sign a PDF on iPhone
PDFs are one of the most popular solutions for requesting signatures on a digital file. In the past, it took days or weeks of waiting to mail signed documents. Thanks to PDFs and electronic signatures, now you can sign and submit forms digitally. In fact, you can eSign a PDF on your iPhone and email it to anyone in seconds. Here’s how to sign a PDF on iPhone.
How To Sign a PDF on iPhone
Adding your signature to a PDF document is very easy on Apple smartphones and tablets. Whether you usually use a stylus or your finger, your iPhone’s touchscreen can create excellent signatures. Our PDFSimpli tools are available for free, and you can access them easily from your Safari browser. First, visit our website. Then, follow these instructions:
- Click on the Documents tab and select the file you want to sign.
- If you need to eSign a new document, click on the Add New button.
- Upload your document from Google Drive, Dropbox or another location.
- Click “Sign” or go to More > Signature in our PDF Editor.
- The Signature box will open. Here, you can draw your signature by hand, upload an image or type the letters of your name.
- When you’re happy with the signature, click “Use it.”
- Click on the page and your signature will appear. You can drag it to any part of the document.
- Press “Download” to save the signed document and mail it.
Our PDF templates also provide the option to send a signature request to someone else. In other words, you can upload a digital contract and mail it to a customer for them to sign. Afterward, you can complete the PDF and make any necessary edits. This entire process is quick and easy.
How To Sign a PDF in Gmail on iPhone
If you get a PDF attachment in your Gmail inbox, you can eSign it by following a few steps. Here’s how:
- Open the message in Gmail and tap on the PDF attachment.
- The PDF will open in your internet browser. This lets you read PDFs, but you won’t be able to edit or sign the document.
- Select the “Open With” option at the top of the screen.
- Choose Google Docs.
- In Google Docs, you need to install an add-on. Go to Add-ons > Get add-ons.
- Choose an add-on that lets you eSign documents on Apple iPhone.
- Follow the instructions in the add-on program to sign your PDF.
The main downsides of this option are that the process is a little complicated and it’s not available offline. If you really want to be ready for anything when it comes to electronic signatures, we recommend getting the SCANSimpli app for your iPhone instead.
How To Electronically Sign a Document
Our SCANSimpli mobile app is a great way to sign PDFs instantly on your iPhone. Even better, this state-of-the-art PDF creator and eSign tool delivers major functionality for free. SCANSimpli is available on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and other Apple devices. You don’t need a scanner or printer. Instead, just snap a pic and eSign immediately.
This app lets you draw directly on the screen, so you can sign any part of the page. You can also add the date, your initials, revisions or notes. SCANSimpli makes it easy to take your work on the go.
What if your place of business doesn’t let you install apps on your work phone? No problem! You may not be able to install SCANSimpli or any Gmail add-ons to eSign, but you can always access our PDFSimpli website. Our tools are available online and compatible with Apple, Android and Windows 10 devices.
Lisa Bowlin is a staff writer at WorkSimpli. Her background in Business Operations motivates her to improve access to legal advice in underserved groups, especially in areas like business formation...
Convert to Any File
Our software makes quick work of file conversion from your PDF. Just upload a PDF to get started!GET STARTED