How to Save One Page of a PDF [Easy Tutorial]
PDF files are extremely useful, and just about everyone has worked with one at some point in this technological age. However, it can be confusing to figure out how to save one page from a PDF, especially if you are not used to manipulating such files. Luckily, it is easier to save one page from a multiple page PDF document than you may think. Keep reading to learn how to save one page of a PDF separately from the rest of the file with our free tools at PDFSimpli and with Adobe Reader.
How to Save One Page of a PDF With PDFSimpli
PDFSimpli offers a wide range of free, user-friendly software that makes file editing and manipulation quick and easy. Here are the steps to take to get the job done with our website from any web browser or operating system:
- Visit our home page, www.pdfsimpli.com
- Choose the Split PDF option and upload your file from either your Mac or PC device or from Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive
- The PDF Editor will open. If you chose a multi-page PDF file, the pages will display on the Thumbnails sidebar, which is located on the left-hand side of your screen
- From the options given above the sidebar, choose Show Arranger
- The Edit and Arrange Pages dialog box will open
- Choose the first page you would like to delete by clicking it
- Hit the Delete button in the dialog box’s toolbar
- If there are additional pages you would like to delete, repeat steps six and seven
- When you are finished, click the Apply button to save your single PDF page
- Make any desired edits to your single page PDF using the Editor, then click Convert to save your document
When the Convert box opens, you will want to choose a unique save name and tick the PDF box in the Download As dialog box. This way, you can keep this file separate from the multi-page document.
How to Save With Adobe Reader
If you own Adobe Reader and would prefer to use it to manage your PDF separation, you can do so. Here is the simplest process to follow:
- Open your chosen PDF with Adobe Reader
- Scroll through the document and stop at the page you want to separate
- Choose the View menu
- Select Page Display followed by Single Page
- Choose the Edit Menu followed by Select All
- All the text on your chosen page will be selected
- Click the Edit button followed by the Copy button to copy your chosen text
- Use a Word processing program, such as Microsoft Word, to open a blank document.
- Click Ctrl + V within the document to paste the content that you copied from Adobe Reader
- Save the document as a Word file
- Convert the Word file to a PDF
Please note that this method only works when you do not need to copy and save any images from the PDF file. When an image is present, the simplest method to choose is the PDFSimpli method. PDFSimpli’s free tools are also the way to go if you don’t want to deal with any software downloads. To get started, visit www.pdfsimpli.com and create your user account.
Lisa Bowlin is a staff writer at WorkSimpli. Her background in Business Operations motivates her to improve access to legal advice in underserved groups, especially in areas like business formation...
Convert to Any File
Our software makes quick work of file conversion from your PDF. Just upload a PDF to get started!GET STARTED