Facts about the diciplinarys PDF template
- 1 Facts about the diciplinarys PDF template
- 2 What is the Discipline Form PDF Used For?
- 3 Why Use a Discipline Form PDF?
- 4 Who Would Use the Discipline Forms PDF?
- 5 When Should You Use the Discipline Forms PDF?
- 6 What are the Consequences for not Using a Discipline Form PDF?
- 7 Steps for Filling Out a Discipline Form PDF Form
- 8 Quick Questions
What is the Discipline Form PDF Used For?
Disciplinary action forms document improper student or employee actions that may disrupt or damage the learning or work environment. In addition to recording the inappropriate actions or behavior, the disciplinary document creates a behavioral modification plan to assist the student or employee in affecting a positive change.
Why Use a Discipline Form PDF?
Discipline forms help document improper behaviors and provide a journal of events. This proves important if a student or employee fails to amend their poor behavior because it gives the school or business documentation of discipline efforts to use in court or before a school board to support a decision of removal. For a school, a decision of removal refers to permanent expulsion. For a business, a decision of removal refers to firing the employee. The formal documents provide a paper record of discipline, attempts to correct behavior and repeat offenses.
Who Would Use the Discipline Forms PDF?
Any teacher, principal, manager or business owner who needed to document student or employee inappropriate behavior. In some cases, a guidance counselor attempting to assist a student in behavioral modification would use the form. In business settings, a human resources employee will often join the employee and supervisor meeting as a witness.
When Should You Use the Discipline Forms PDF?
Use a disciplinary action form anytime you need to alert a student or employee of behavior that violates rules or regulations. Commonly, you’ll use the form on the second offense or violation to follow up a verbal warning. The form may be used as a discussion tool in a student-teacher, student-principal or employee-manager meeting.
What are the Consequences for not Using a Discipline Form PDF?
Failing to complete a disciplinary action form leaves the inappropriate action undocumented. This leaves the school or business without legal evidence. If the school expels the student or the business fires the employee without formally documenting each incidence, it could lose a lawsuit brought by the removed individual.
Steps for Filling Out a Discipline Form PDF Form
- Fill in the employee’s first and last name.
- Complete the date of disciplinary action.
- Describe the issue in detail including dates, locations, times, and witnesses, if applicable.
- Write details of any prior disciplinary actions.
- Write down any employee comments or inputs regarding the disciplinary action.
- Describe in detail the corrective action required from the employee and the deadline for improvement. Also, document any potential penalties if the corrections do not occur.
- Fill in the name of the employee’s direct manager or supervisor.
- Have the employee sign and date the form.
- Have the manager or supervisor sign and date the form.