Facts about the high school transcript template PDF template
- 1 Facts about the high school transcript template PDF template
- 2 What is the free high school transcript template PDF used for?
- 3 Who Would Use the free high school transcript template PDF?
- 4 When Should You Use the free high school transcript template PDF?
- 5 What are the Consequences for not Using a free high school transcript template PDF?
- 6 Steps for Filling Out a free high school transcript template PDF Form
- 7 Quick Questions
What is the free high school transcript template PDF used for?
When a person wants to receive a copy of their high school transcript, the transcript request form should be submitted to their high school or the school board that governs the high school that the person attended.
Most high schools have an official transcript request form. A letter requesting a copy of the transcript may not be accepted. A visit to the school in person to request the transcript may not be honored without the proper form. Once the request form is processed, and the transcript is provided to the requestor, it is filed and becomes the official record documenting the transaction.
A person may request a copy of their transcript to have an official copy to keep in their possession for potential employment opportunities. Every college that a person applies to attend will require their own official copy of the transcript. To enlist in the Armed Services a person must have a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED). Therefore, an official transcript will be required.
Who Would Use the free high school transcript template PDF?
The template should be used by anyone who needs a copy of their transcript, regardless of whether they graduated. The high school transcript shows how many credits the student earned and whether it was the required amount to receive a high school diploma. The transcript also contains other information relevant to the student’s academic record.
The person completing the transcript request can either be the student of record or the parents or guardian of a student who is underage. The requestor’s contact information should be provided in case there are questions or a need to verify specific information.
The person receiving the form uses the information provided to process the request for the named person. A copy of the transcript will be retrieved from the file. An official stamped copy of the transcript will be sent to the requestor. Once the transcript is provided, the bottom Academic Record portion of the form will be completed by the records custodian.
When Should You Use the free high school transcript template PDF?
If a person wants to receive a copy of their high school transcript, the form should be completed and submitted to the high school or school board that governs the high school that the person attended.
They should complete the form and submit it when they want to have an official copy to keep in their possession for employment opportunities. Therefore, as soon as the person graduates from high school, they should complete the template.
Once a person applies for a job, and their transcript is requested by the human resource department, they should complete the form to request the transcript.
As soon as a person decides on the college that they want to apply to, they should research the name and address of the person or department to send the transcript to. Then, the prospective student should complete the transcript request form.
The person should complete the form to request an official copy of the transcript when the military recruiter advised them of then the transcript is needed.
In all these situations, the form should be completed within enough time to make sure they will have them within the required amount of time.
What are the Consequences for not Using a free high school transcript template PDF?
Employers may require a copy of a person’s transcript along with their employment application. The transcript is necessary to verify that the person is indeed a high school graduate. If the transcript is not received within the time specified, the person may be passed over for the position or the open position may be filled. There is no guarantee that there will be another available position later.
The same application processing deadlines apply to someone who requests a transcript for joining the military or applying for college. There are deadlines to the application process and requesting the transcript. If the person does not receive their transcript in time, it could jeopardize their opportunities.
A request for the transcript should be submitted using the form as soon as possible. That way, any unforeseen delays in processing the form can be resolved and will not negatively affect what the person is attempting to do.
Steps for Filling Out a free high school transcript template PDF Form
To request an official copy of high school transcript, the following is required:
- Complete the Student Information section on the left column of the top portion of the form with the following information: Full name, Address, Phone number, Email address, Date of birth, and Parent and guardian information.
- The following information regarding the School Information section must be filled in on the right column of the top portion of the form: Name, Address, Phone number, and Email address of the school.
- Submit the form for processing.
- The bottom Academic Record portion will be completed by the person who provides and certifies the transcript. The academic record includes the following information for each year of high school attended: School year, Grade level, Course titles, Number of credits attempted, Number of credits earned, Final grades, Total number of credits, Grade point averages, and the Cumulative grade point average.
- The academic summary shows the cumulative GPA, the number of attempted credits, earned credits, and graduation date. Also included are any attachments, such as grading scale, list of other schools attended, and other relevant attachments. The form is then signed and dated, certifying and affirming that the transcript is the official academic record.