Facts about the IMM 5257 PDF Template
- 1 Facts about the IMM 5257 PDF Template
- 2 What Is an IMM 5257 Download PDF Form Used For?
- 3 Who Would Use an IMM 5257 Download PDF Form?
- 4 When Should an IMM 5257 Download PDF Form Be Used?
- 5 What Are the Consequences for Not Using an IMM 5257 Download PDF Form?
- 6 How to Fill Out an IMM 5257 Download PDF Form
- 7 Quick Questions
What Is an IMM 5257 Download PDF Form Used For?
Form IMM 5257 is meant to be used by people who wish to apply to have a Temporary Resident Visa, otherwise known as a TRV. These people wish to visit Canada for temporary purposes like business trips, visiting friends and family, or tourism.
A TRV is the most important official document that you will have. A Canadian visa office will issue it and place it inside your passport. This visa indicates that you’ve met the admission requirements and that you can now enter Canada on temporary resident status. You’ll enter the country as a worker, a student, or a visitor.
It’s not possible to obtain a TRV after you arrive in Canada. You have to fill out the application and get your TRV while you’re still in your home country.
Who Would Use an IMM 5257 Download PDF Form?
This form should be completed by any individual who wishes to receive a TRV that allows them to visit Canada. When a person is not a permanent Canadian resident or a Canadian citizen, they may need a visa to enter the country. This requirement also applies to any temporary residents who transit in Canada.
If you wish to spend a temporary period of time in Canada, but you aren’t a Canadian citizen or lawful green cardholder, you need to fill out this application form and receive your TRV.
When Should an IMM 5257 Download PDF Form Be Used?
The application should be filled out before you leave your home country. You’ll then submit it to one of Canada’s visa offices.
If you wish to receive a TRV, you need to prove that you can meet the requirements and guidelines set forth by the Canadian government. These guidelines are explained in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. An individual must also meet the following circumstances:
- They have satisfied the officer that they will be leaving the country when their stay is over
- They proved that they have sufficient income to maintain both themselves and any accompanying family members while in Canada
- They proved that they also have sufficient income to return home
- They have no intention of working or studying in the country unless they receive authorization
- They have no criminal record and are law-abiding citizens
- They are not a risk to Canada’s security
- They are willing to provide additional documentation that the officer requests
- They are in good health, and willing to complete medical exams if this is required
What Are the Consequences for Not Using an IMM 5257 Download PDF Form?
This is the main application form for a TRV. If you fail to complete it, you will not receive a visa. This means that you may be kept from entering Canada altogether. If you need to go to Canada on temporary terms, you have to complete this form.
How to Fill Out an IMM 5257 Download PDF Form
First, you’ll need to check the box indicating whether you’re the principal visa applicant or a person related to them. Then, you’ll have to give your full name and date of birth. Question 3 asks about any military service you provided, along with details about the places you were stationed and the country you served in.
Question 5 will ask whether you have ever been a member of a political party or organization that advocates or commits violence. Question 6 asks you to note any government positions that you currently hold or have held in the past, with details about the country, department, and activities you engaged in.
Once you’ve filled out all the information to the best of your ability, you should write your full name in the first blank under the “Declaration of applicant” section. Then provide a signature and the date.
You should not complete any of the rest of the application online. These parts of the application might be completed in person instead.imm5257-download
The other associated documents are:
- IMM 5645 for Family Information
- IMM 5257 Schedule 1 as another application for a TRV
- IMM 5409 for a declaration of a common-law union
- IMM 5476 for people who use representatives to file their paperwork