Facts about the Subcontracts PDF template
- 1 Facts about the Subcontracts PDF template
- 2 Why is the Subcontract Form PDF Used?
- 3 Why Use a Subcontractor Agreement?
- 4 Who Would Use the Subcontract Forms PDF?
- 5 When Should You Use the Subcontract Forms PDF?
- 6 What are the Consequences for not Using a Subcontract Forms PDF?
- 7 Steps for Filling Out a Subcontract Forms PDF Form
- 8 Quick Questions
Why is the Subcontract Form PDF Used?
The subcontractor agreement provides legal documentation of work responsibilities of a person or entity hired by a primary contractor. These most commonly occur in the construction industry. For example, a couple hires a general contractor (GC) to build their new home. The GC signs a contract with the couple, then subcontracts part of the work, the plumbing and the electrical, to subcontractors who complete a subcontractor form. It can apply to situations in any industry from automotive repair to public relations.
Why Use a Subcontractor Agreement?
The subcontractor agreement provides legal protection for all parties in a work project. The subcontract form formalizes the exact expectations of the assigned portion of the project. It covers:
- insurance coverage, if applicable,
PDFSimpli is the best solution for filling out documents, editing & annotating PDFs and converting document filetypes. Don't delay, start today.Get Started Now
The subcontractor agreement provides a method of liability reduction. It helps manage and transfer risk on a project. Using it lowers employment and insurance costs.
Who Would Use the Subcontract Forms PDF?
The contractor and any subcontractors hired on a project would use the subcontractor agreement. For example, a public relations firm might land a client and sign a contract with them, then subcontract work to independent editors, graphic designers and writers. Subcontractors function as independent contractors who pay their own employment taxes, keep their own financial records and decide how and when to perform work to meet deadlines.
When Should You Use the Subcontract Forms PDF?
Use a subcontract form any time you hire a subcontractor. Your Master Agreement, the contract signed between the contractor and client, denotes whether the contractor can legally hire subcontractors. It also notes any restriction placed on their use, describes liability relating to their work and if the contractor must inform the client of their use.
What are the Consequences for not Using a Subcontract Forms PDF?
Without a subcontract form, you can’t legally protect yourself when you share the work the client contracted to you. You have no legally enforceable document that stipulates deadlines or deliverables. If the subcontractor neglects to turn the work over to you or delivers late, you have no legal protection if the client sues you.
Steps for Filling Out a Subcontract Forms PDF Form
- Write the day, month and year of completion of the form.
- Print the subcontractor’s name following the word subcontractor.
- Print the name and address of the business hiring the subcontractor in the Owner fields.
- Print the lender name and address, if applicable in the Lender fields.
- Print the name of the contractor in the Prime Contractor blank.
- Complete the sum of blank with the monetary amount the contractor will pay the subcontractor for successful completion.
- Under Description of Work write a description of the labor or work to be completed. Also describe the materials and equipment furnished.
- Under Other Special Provisions write any stipulations or caveats.
- Under Schedule of Payments write when payments will be made and the amounts.
- Under Time and Scheduling Work write the date work commences and the date work ends. Also, complete the interest rate used for any unpaid or late payments.
- In the In Witness Hereof section, print the subcontractor in the Subcontractor Name blank.
- Print the subcontractor’s license number in the License No. blank.
- Print the name and address of the subcontractor in the Subcontractor fields.
- Print the name and address of the contractor in the Contractor fields.
- Print the contractor’s license number in the License No. blank.
- The subcontractor and contractor sign and date the document.