Facts about the VA 21 4138 Fillable PDF template
- 1 Facts about the VA 21 4138 Fillable PDF template
- 2 Filling Out a VA Form 21 4138 Fillable PDF Form
- 3 Why is the VA Form 21 4138 Fillable PDF used for?
- 4 Who Would Use the VA Form 21 4138 Fillable PDF?
- 5 When Should You Use the VA Form 21 4138 Fillable PDF?
- 6 Steps for Filling Out a VA Form 21 4138 Fillable PDF Form
- 7 Quick Questions
Filling Out a VA Form 21 4138 Fillable PDF Form
The VA Form 21 4138 is known as a ‘Statement in Support of Claim’. It is a legal document that is legally binding throughout the United States. It is filled out by veterans who are attempting to establish proof of their benefits claim and is used in the process of a veteran trying to receive their military benefits.
Why is the VA Form 21 4138 Fillable PDF used for?
The VA Form 21 4138 deals directly with the Department of Veteran Affairs. This document is known as a ‘Statement in Support of a Claim’. Therefore, it is used as a way of supporting a claim for benefits. The information on this form is given to Veteran’s Affairs who are then able to evaluate the claim and determine an individual’s eligibility for military or veteran benefits. The VA Form 21 4138 sometimes will be filled out alongside other documents related to a veteran claiming their benefits. It is important that all of these documents are filled out carefully and accurately so that any delay in the process of acquiring benefits can be avoided.
Who Would Use the VA Form 21 4138 Fillable PDF?
The VA Form 21 4138 is completed by veterans or the beneficiaries of veterans who are seeking to acquire military benefits. The information is the passed along to Veteran’s Affairs who are able to evaluate and assess an individual’s eligibility for benefits.
When Should You Use the VA Form 21 4138 Fillable PDF?
A VA Form 21 4138 is required when a veteran or beneficiary is attempting to claim the need for benefits or are hoping to obtain their military benefits. The VA Form 21-4138 is known as a ‘Statement in Support of a Claim’ and is turned into Veteran’s Affairs in conjuncture with other forms and documentation to proof eligibility for benefits. It is important to fill out these documents timely and efficiently to avoid any penalties or delay in the process of acquiring benefits.
The VA Form 21 4138 can also be used to:
Update status of a VA claim – Update an individual’s dependency status Disagree with a statement or VA rating Submit official complaint in regards to the VA Claims process – Submit information relating to any of the 4 Pillars of a VA Claim – Give evidence in support of an individual’s VA claim What are the Consequences for not Using a VA Form 21 4138 Fillable PDF? Failure to complete the VA Form 21 4138 could prevent an individual from being able to obtain their veterans benefits. It could delay the claims process and lead to other issues with Veteran’s Affairs.
Steps for Filling Out a VA Form 21 4138 Fillable PDF Form
- Read the instructions for VA Form 21 4138 carefully. – Take note of the Privacy Act and Respondent Burden statements on page 2 before you being to fill out the form – To speed up your claim, be sure to follow all instructions and directions as carefully as possible
- Complete Section 1 of the form: Veteran/Beneficiary’s Identification Information. – State the veteran and beneficiary’s name including first, middle initial, and last – Fill out the social security number of the veteran – Complete the VA file number if needed – Note the veteran’s date of birth – Complete the veteran’s service number if needed – Write telephone number with area code – Include optional email address – Write out the mailing address
- Complete Section 2 of the form: Remarks. – Include a statement claiming the benefits for the veteran or beneficiary noted in Section 1
- Complete Section 3: Declaration of Intent – Sign and date the document – Note the penalty for falsifying in veteran claims or information