How to Type on a PDF in 5 Simple Steps
Some people don’t know that you can type directly on a PDF form, but it is possible. In fact, the whole process can be very easy with PDFSimpli’s free PDF editing tools. You can also use Google Drive to get this task done. Read on to learn how to type on a PDF in five easy-to-follow steps so you can get busy editing all of your PDF files.
How to Type on a PDF With PDFSimpli
Whether you are using a Mac or a Windows computer, PDFSimpli’s PDF tools will work for you. All browsers are also supported, including Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are the steps to follow so you can add text to your PDF files with PDFSimpli:
- Visit www.pdfsimpli.com
- Click Upload PDF to Convert
- Choose a file from your computer to edit – the PDF Editor will open
- To replace text on the document, choose the Replace Text button from the toolbar and select a text box to edit
- To add new text, choose the Text button from the toolbar and select an area to add a new text box to
When you are ready to save your file, choose Convert from the toolbar. A dialog box will open that allows you to choose your file type and save name. When you are finished preparing your file to save, click Download and the PDF will save to your computer. If you want to open a file from your preferred cloud storage service instead of your computer, follow these steps:
- Visit our home page at www.pdfsimpli.com
- Choose Edit PDF from the options given
- Under the Upload Files From section in the dialog box that appears, choose from Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive
- Log in to your cloud storage account and choose a PDF file to edit
- Follow steps four and five above to edit text on your PDF
Saving your PDF from the cloud is also the same as saving from your computer. Just click Convert in the PDF Editor toolbar, choose a file type, pick a save name and click the Download button to save the PDF to your device.
How to Type With Google Drive
If you prefer to use Google Drive to edit your PDFs and add text, you can do so. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit www.drive.google.com and log in to your Google account
- Use the “Upload” button to upload a file from your computer
- Choose the file you wish to upload, right-click it and select Open with and then Google Docs
- A window will pop up. Use it to find your targeted image.
- Click Open to import the targeted image to Google Docs
- Edit text that has been extracted from the PDF you uploaded
You cannot add or delete pages with Google Docs, nor can you edit the original PDF file. The formatted images within the file are also not loaded into Google Docs. Additionally, you may not be able to use the website to open every PDF file you run into. In these cases, it is best to use PDFSimpli’s free suite of full-featured PDF editing tools, as they allow you to edit PDFs and other files, merge pages, compress files and much more. When you are ready to get started, visit www.pdfsimpli.com to complete the easy account sign-up process and get started on creating and editing PDFs and other files.
Lisa Bowlin is a staff writer at WorkSimpli. Her background in Business Operations motivates her to improve access to legal advice in underserved groups, especially in areas like business formation...
Convert to Any File
Our software makes quick work of file conversion from your PDF. Just upload a PDF to get started!GET STARTED